Saturday, February 13, 2010

a typical Saturday

So it's 2:30 am on a Saturday night and what am I doing? Give you 3 guesses. (But I'll bet you don't need the last two; hint: check the timestamp on this post.) Don't think I'm too much of a big dork. I did a lot today. Here are some highlights:

Woke up before my alarm. (Remember how I told you before that I love sleep? Yeah, that NEVER happens.)

Went to brunch early to set up for tabling (selling stuff at brunch). Had some excellent freshmen take over tabling so that I could leave and try to get some work done before heading back to my dorm to do some super important soph rep stuff.

Took an Implicit Association Test for a Psych assignment that told me that I have a "slight preference for gay people over straight people" (in the 7% of people who took the test), and a "moderate preference" for African-American people over European-American people" (in the 4%) - whatever any of that actually means. (Jury's still out on that one; I'm not holding my breath for a response any time soon.)

Tried to meet with other dorm presidents to work on a Plenary resolution - and no one showed up. (A few at least responded with regrets to my e-mail and made helpful suggestions.) Did what I could with it and submitted it. Am concerned about presenting it at SGA tomorrow.

Held a fundraiser in which almost no one responded to my e-mails (starting to wonder if these are actually getting through...) and had help from mostly one person, LA - to whom I currently feel eternally indebted for her kindness, willingness to help and ability to communicate via e-mail. (We got to babysit a cute child, though, so my aggravation with the entire situation was much abated.)

Watched "Stuart Little," colored in "Horton Hears a Who" coloring books, ate pizza, played with blocks and dominos and had a surprisingly large quantity of amusement from the Photobooth option on LA's Mac. (Who knew?)

Finished up delivery for another fundraiser. Had actual help this time and was incredibly relieved and grateful for people who actually check their e-mails.

Had an unfortunate incident with a can of cherry soda and an explosion. (I would...)

Had a "homework" / "eat Augustina's food" party with CS in the MCC. It was kind of epic - as all of our "homework parties" typically are. Finished an assignment.

Came back and tried to get into bed at a decent hour - and ran into my freshmen in the bathroom, coming back from a party. Checked in on them and was so glad to find that they had looked out for each other. (Not that I would expect anything less, but I was still incredibly pleased and proud.)

Throughout the day: was a rebel and kicked some ice chunks & snow piles and used excessive swear words in ordinary conversation to vent my excess frustration and aggravation with this day. (And found this to be a hilariously appropriate Facebook status. Bonus!)

Like how I sort of dissociate and write in bullet points when I'm too stressed out/cluttered to think in a coherent form?

Yeah, cue end of post.

No comments:

Post a Comment